Printring to a generic/text printer in d4

I have a label printer attached to a PC running a D4 app. The printer is set
up as Windows's Generic/Text printer as it only requires very simple ASCII
strings to function.

I have code to select this printer as my default

Q: Although this works.... Is there a better method of sending these strings
from d4 -  I am currently using...

      assignPrn(outPort);
      rewrite(outPort);
      writeln(outPort, 'string1');

    etc....

Thanks

Paul Griffiths

Re:Printring to a generic/text printer in d4

If you want direct printer acce
"paul griffiths" <pgriffi...@metsec.com> schreef in bericht
> I have a label printer attached to a PC running a D4 app. The printer is
set
> up as Windows's Generic/Text printer as it only requires very simple ASCII
> strings to function.

> I have code to select this printer as my default

> Q: Although this works.... Is there a better method of sending these
strings
> from d4 -  I am currently using...

>       assignPrn(outPort);
>       rewrite(outPort);
>       writeln(outPort, 'string1');

>     etc....

> Thanks

> Paul Griffiths

Re:Printring to a generic/text printer in d4

If you want direct printer acce
"paul griffiths" <pgriffi...@metsec.com> schreef in bericht
> I have a label printer attached to a PC running a D4 app. The printer is
set
> up as Windows's Generic/Text printer as it only requires very simple ASCII
> strings to function.

> I have code to select this printer as my default

> Q: Although this works.... Is there a better method of sending these
strings
> from d4 -  I am currently using...

>       assignPrn(outPort);
>       rewrite(outPort);
>       writeln(outPort, 'string1');

>     etc....

> Thanks

> Paul Griffiths

Re:Printring to a generic/text printer in d4

If you want direct printer acce
"paul griffiths" <pgriffi...@metsec.com> schreef in bericht
> I have a label printer attached to a PC running a D4 app. The printer is
set
> up as Windows's Generic/Text printer as it only requires very simple ASCII
> strings to function.

> I have code to select this printer as my default

> Q: Although this works.... Is there a better method of sending these
strings
> from d4 -  I am currently using...

>       assignPrn(outPort);
>       rewrite(outPort);
>       writeln(outPort, 'string1');

>     etc....

> Thanks

> Paul Griffiths

Re:Printring to a generic/text printer in d4

If you want direct printer access you could try the following code:
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Printing/JoeHechtPrtRaw.TXT

"paul griffiths" <pgriffi...@metsec.com> schreef in bericht

> I have a label printer attached to a PC running a D4 app. The printer is
set
> up as Windows's Generic/Text printer as it only requires very simple ASCII
> strings to function.

> I have code to select this printer as my default

> Q: Although this works.... Is there a better method of sending these
strings
> from d4 -  I am currently using...

>       assignPrn(outPort);
>       rewrite(outPort);