Getting the captions of other applications

Can anyone show me how to do it?

For example, if Word is running with a document open, the name of the
document appears in the 'title' of the Word window.  Can this title be
captured by a Delphi program?

Prit

Re:Getting the captions of other applications

P S Buttar wrote in message ...
>Can anyone show me how to do it?

>For example, if Word is running with a document open, the name of the
>document appears in the 'title' of the Word window.  Can this title be
>captured by a Delphi program?

Certainly. If you know the window's handle, you can read
its caption. Probably by sending it WM_GETTEXT.

(This question has been answered a hundred times, and
probably better. I'm just too lazy to do your Googling
for you.)

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

Other Threads