Adding a field to TTable in runtime

Hi

I'm new to Delphi 4 and are trying to add a field at runtime to an existing
dBase table. I have'nt had any success so far and any help would be
appreciated.

Amien Crombie

acrom...@csir.co.za

Re:Adding a field to TTable in runtime

The simplest way is to use a TQuery with
"alter table YourTable add ...."

Florin

Amien Crombie wrote in message <7mf51v$...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi

>I'm new to Delphi 4 and are trying to add a field at runtime to an existing
>dBase table. I have'nt had any success so far and any help would be
>appreciated.

>Amien Crombie

>acrom...@csir.co.za

Re:Adding a field to TTable in runtime

Look at your Local SQL Help file for alter table.
It installs with Delphi.  You should have a Windows
Start/Program/Delphi/Local Sql help menu choice.
Amien Crombie <acrom...@csir.co.za> wrote in message

> Hi

> I'm new to Delphi 4 and are trying to add a field at runtime to an
existing
> dBase table. I have'nt had any success so far and any help would be
> appreciated.

> Amien Crombie

> acrom...@csir.co.za

Re:Adding a field to TTable in runtime

Use a TQuery and the SQL ALTER TABLE statement as described in the Local SQL
help file.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB