Urgent: BDE + Access 97 problem

I have written a Delphi 4 program, which is using MS Access 97 as the
background database. The program is working fine in my PC. However, when I
deploy it to aother PC, it does not work. I think it is a problem of BDE
with incorrect MS Access driver. Could anybody help me?
Thank,
Cai

Re:Urgent: BDE + Access 97 problem

>I have written a Delphi 4 program, which is using MS Access 97 as the
>background database. The program is working fine in my PC. However, when I
>deploy it to aother PC, it does not work. I think it is a problem of BDE
>with incorrect MS Access driver. Could anybody help me?

The BDE Access driver requires that you have DAO installed on any machine you
want to use it on.  what is the error message you are getting?

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Urgent: BDE + Access 97 problem

Thanks for your responding. Another question is: how can I know DAO was
installed in the system. We are using NT4 workstation. I just checked
control panel, add/remove programs. There is no DAO shown up there.
The error message is related to the database control with a huge negative
error number on it.
Thanks again,
Cai

Brian Bushay TeamB wrote in message <3827584f.53060378@floyd>...

>>I have written a Delphi 4 program, which is using MS Access 97 as the
>>background database. The program is working fine in my PC. However, when I
>>deploy it to aother PC, it does not work. I think it is a problem of BDE
>>with incorrect MS Access driver. Could anybody help me?
>The BDE Access driver requires that you have DAO installed on any machine
you
>want to use it on.  what is the error message you are getting?

>--
>Brian Bushay (TeamB)
>Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Urgent: BDE + Access 97 problem

>Thanks for your responding. Another question is: how can I know DAO was
>installed in the system. We are using NT4 workstation. I just checked
>control panel, add/remove programs. There is no DAO shown up there.
>The error message is related to the database control with a huge negative
>error number on it.

I do not know of a good way to identify if DAO is installed.  Microsoft seems to
have multiple methods of installing DAO

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Urgent: BDE + Access 97 problem

Well, have you tried to install the DBE-DAO freeware program (Final Filer's
BDE/ DAO Installation Program)?
 It's located at http://delphidao.finalfiler.com/

It's a BDE 5.01 WITH the DAO engine.   So your application will surely run
OK.

Best regards
Syndson Silva

Other Threads