Installing ODA on a clean pc without Delphi

Hi,
i want to install Opus Direct Access on clean windows XP machine.
Delphi is not installed on this machine, but Office Xp is.

I installed ODA355OS.exe an i copied the modified dcu's from my
development machine. But when i start my app i get:

  Exception EDBEngineError ....
  An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
  Engine ($2108)

What do i need to install to get my old D3 app running ?

Thanx
Marc

Re:Installing ODA on a clean pc without Delphi

Doesn't opus direct access patch a the source code so that calls go to
opus not the BDE?  If so just the dll, not direct access is needed, plus
DAO (jet) of course but I think DAO 3.5/Jet 4 is on XP machines.  The
Opus site seems to say that it will work with Jet 4 but needs fixing
(and presumably re-compiling).

http://www.opus.ch/OpenSource/DirectAccess/Support/FAQ.htm#_117

Quote from the WWW site:

With Opus DirectAccess, you do not have to install the BDE. The
installation of Opus DirectAccess is simple: install one small DLL
(about 350 KB), add a registry value, and run. No overhead is added to
your compiled applications.

I think the only file you need apart from the *.exe and DAO is
ODA323x.dll in the app folder or on the pathor in the windows system32
folder.  This isn't big, I'll send it if you email me back.  You might
need to recompile the app if you've not got DAO 3 / Jet 3.5 but need to
use Jet 4.

Andrew

Andrew

Re:Installing ODA on a clean pc without Delphi

ps I'd mail you a bit more detail, but the address bounces.  There is a
registry hack needed as well.

Andrew

Re:Installing ODA on a clean pc without Delphi

My email address bounces ?
How can i privately email you ?
I don't seen any clickable icons

Marc