Printing JPEGs...

I'm sure this has been asked a billion times, but is there an easy way to
print a jpeg without converting it to a new bitmap file, opening that file
and printing it? I would love to go from a TJPEGImage directly to the
printer canvas...can I?

Thanks!!
Curt

ckaf...@dataskill.com

Re:Printing JPEGs...

"C.K." wrote:

> I'm sure this has been asked a billion times, but is there an easy way to
> print a jpeg without converting it to a new bitmap file, opening that file
> and printing it? I would love to go from a TJPEGImage directly to the
> printer canvas...can I?

Nope none!

JPEG are actually compressed, thus to get the image a decompression will
need to be done at some time in any case.

Also Windoze uses bitmaps, and all GDI routines rely on bitmaps.  So to
print using windows you would need to get a BMP anyway.

Though you could write an entire print routine yourself!  (Assume you
would want to do it, I could see it taking a couple of years to perfect
it!).

--
Charles Hacker
Lecturer in Electronics and Computing

Re:Printing JPEGs...

"C.K." <ckaf...@dataskill.com> wrote in message news:3b1c2384$1_2@dnews...
> I'm sure this has been asked a billion times, but is there an easy way to
> print a jpeg without converting it to a new bitmap file, opening that file
> and printing it? I would love to go from a TJPEGImage directly to the
> printer canvas...can I?

Hi Curt!

In theory, the VCL methods should handle the coversion for you
(Windows will need a bitmap), however, the VCL methods often
fall short of successfully printing an image on many printers.

If you are deploying your app, you might want to take a look at
TExcellentImagePrinter web page and demo to see what your up
against... http://www.code4sale.com/joehecht

Joe
--
John Kaster is cycling to cure cancer! Lets help him out! http://homepages.borland.com/jkaster/tnt/