PingGUI from Indy8 beta2 can't allocate Socket on Win95C

I compiled PingGUI form Indy 8 beta 2 with Delphi 5 SP1.

Running it on Win95 Release C brings up the error:

Can't allocate Socket.

I had this also on a NT Workstation 4 with SP3. Moving to SP5 stopped
the Error.

I couldn't find a matching WinSock-Update at Microsoft. The one I found
(updating winsock.dll and Wonsock32.dll) didn't change anything.

Any ideas for further testing?

Martin Kellner

Re:PingGUI from Indy8 beta2 can't allocate Socket on Win95C

[This followup was posted to borland.public.delphi.internet.winsock and a
copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <39939055.CA71...@gmx.de>, mhkell...@gmx.de says...

> I compiled PingGUI form Indy 8 beta 2 with Delphi 5 SP1.

> Running it on Win95 Release C brings up the error:

> Can't allocate Socket.

> I had this also on a NT Workstation 4 with SP3. Moving to SP5 stopped
> the Error.

> I couldn't find a matching WinSock-Update at Microsoft. The one I found
> (updating winsock.dll and Wonsock32.dll) didn't change anything.

> Any ideas for further testing?

Did you try installing the following update to Windows95:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/WUAdminTools/S_...
tworkingTools/W95Sockets2/Default.asp
--
Support the anti-Spam amendment - Join at http://www.cauce.org/