How to establish a RAS - Connection in Delphi?

Does anybody have any expierence in establishing a RAS-connection from
within Delphi?

Danny Bols
Osirion B.V.
Gagelveld 41
6596 CC Milsbeek
The Netherlands
Tel: + 31 485 54 02 03
Fax: + 31 485 54 02 04
Home: +32 11 55 21 74
E-Mail: db...@osirion.nl

Re:How to establish a RAS - Connection in Delphi?

In article <6fa9dj$lk...@rhea.glo.be>, Globe <d...@glo.be> writes

>Does anybody have any expierence in establishing a RAS-connection from
>within Delphi?

Yes, lots.

Save yourself lots of trouble and search the DSP for a component
that'll do most of the work for you.
--
Jeremy Collins

Re:How to establish a RAS - Connection in Delphi?

In article <6fa9dj$lk...@rhea.glo.be>, d...@glo.be says...

> Does anybody have any expierence in establishing a RAS-connection from
> within Delphi?

> Danny Bols
> Osirion B.V.
> Gagelveld 41
> 6596 CC Milsbeek
> The Netherlands
> Tel: + 31 485 54 02 03
> Fax: + 31 485 54 02 04
> Home: +32 11 55 21 74
> E-Mail: db...@osirion.nl

I have a same problem. I want to establish a RAS-connection. I tried a
lot but I couldn't find any solution. if anyone has one , please send an
e-mail.

Any advice appreciated . Thanks.

--
mali.oz...@usa.net

Re:How to establish a RAS - Connection in Delphi?

I've heard there are some components/sample code in places such as the
Delphi Super Page that show how to do RAS from Delphi.

Re:How to establish a RAS - Connection in Delphi?

I believe I saw some RAS stuff there - try to search the super page for
TRAS.  One of the programmers on a project I am working on is using this
free component to dial and detect the modem connection - including the
login and password portion of the connection.

--
Chuck

Read original science fiction and fantasy works at
http://moose.erie.net/~mudsox

Sean Winstead <s...@surehand.com> wrote in article
<3524f23c.7510...@news.mvp.net>...

> I've heard there are some components/sample code in places such as the
> Delphi Super Page that show how to do RAS from Delphi.

Re:How to establish a RAS - Connection in Delphi?

In article <6fa9dj$lk...@rhea.glo.be>, "Globe" <d...@glo.be> writes:

>Does anybody have any expierence in establishing a RAS-connection from
>within Delphi?

If you are still looking for RAS help. The Delphi Developer's Journal has an
excellent article in this month's issue on RAS.

ALSO, according to the article, try the Delphi Super Page
@http://www.cdrom.com/pub/delphi_www and look for D_RAS.ZIP which is a
conversion of the RAS C headers as well as a demo of same.

HTH

Bill Burt, Jr.
BBur...@AOL.COM

Re:How to establish a RAS - Connection in Delphi?

I think www.argosoft.com has something as well

On 6 Apr 1998 15:32:57 GMT, bbur...@aol.com (BBurtjr) wrote:

>In article <6fa9dj$lk...@rhea.glo.be>, "Globe" <d...@glo.be> writes:

>>Does anybody have any expierence in establishing a RAS-connection from
>>within Delphi?

>If you are still looking for RAS help. The Delphi Developer's Journal has an
>excellent article in this month's issue on RAS.

>ALSO, according to the article, try the Delphi Super Page
>@http://www.cdrom.com/pub/delphi_www and look for D_RAS.ZIP which is a
>conversion of the RAS C headers as well as a demo of same.

I am currently building an activeX component based upon that source.
It's a tedious job, but I've got planned:
- editting/del/add entries
- dialing (with status-events)
- support for winNT and win95 DUN/RAS in one activeX, no hassles.
- automatic detection if RAS/DUN is installed on a system (that is
lacking in d_RAS.zip)
- (maybe) automatic loggin of connections
- notification of connections
- viewing of information about open connections
- the rest. i'm tired.

i'll post some more info when I got some.

Other Threads