How do I run Pascal code in Delphi

Koh Chye Huat wrote in message <36924922.7...@pc.jaring.my>...
>Please can someone kindly advice me how to run Pascal written code in
>Delphi program? The version for Delphi is 3.

It depends where the Pascal code has come from,
and how complex it is. If it's a Turbo Pascal Windows app,
you'll have to re-write most of the UI stuff, and hopefully
you'll be able to copy and paste the functions that
comprise the actual functionality. Thankfully, "rewriting the
UI" is basically just a case of point and click in Delphi.

If it's plain Pascal, or just a simple program, you should
be able to rename the file the contains the man program
so it has a .dpr extension. Then, open up this file in
Notepad and add an {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} directive
near the top. Then, open it up in Delphi and see if it
compiles. You will get some errors, but most of the code
should be OK.

Once you've tried, post any specific questions here.

--
Jeremy Collins

Re:How do I run Pascal code in Delphi

Please can someone kindly advice me how to run Pascal written code in
Delphi program? The version for Delphi is 3.

Your help is much appreciated.

Other Threads