Install corrupts C++ Builder 3 component palette

I recently installed Delphi 4 on a machine which C++Builder 3 was
installed and operational.  After installing Delphi, the component
paletted in C++ Builder was empty.  I reinstalled C++ Builder which
restored the component palette; but the component paletted in Delphi was
now empty.  By "empty" I mean the area that should have displayed the
icons contained no icons.  How can I fix this problem?  I need both
Delphi 4 and C++ Builder 3 to work on my machine.