Unabled to assign value into BLOB field.

Have you tried asstring?  I haven't but it is worth a shot.

BillCTK <bill...@tm.net.my> wrote in message

> I received a message "Field is not a BLOB." while I try to assign data
into
> TQuery selected BLOB field. Example:-

> TQuery1.Edit;
> TQuery1.FieldByName('TestBLOB').Value := 'Testing data';
> TQuery1.Post;

> If I change to TTable instead of TQuery then it works fine.
> Can someone tell me what's wrong???

> Thanks for any help.

Re:Unabled to assign value into BLOB field.

Have you set the TQuery's RequestLive property to True? Are you sure the
query is returning a live result set? To determine this check the CanModify
property at runtime.

Bill

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Unabled to assign value into BLOB field.

I received a message "Field is not a BLOB." while I try to assign data into
TQuery selected BLOB field. Example:-

TQuery1.Edit;
TQuery1.FieldByName('TestBLOB').Value := 'Testing data';
TQuery1.Post;

If I change to TTable instead of TQuery then it works fine.
Can someone tell me what's wrong???

Thanks for any help.

Other Threads