Open Oracle Table through TTable

I use a TTable component to open a table in Oracle. When
I set the TTable component to active, there's a login prompt asking user
id and password before I could open the table in Oracle. Does anyone
know how could I by-pass this login prompt (without using a TDatabase
component)?

Thanx

Re:Open Oracle Table through TTable

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 23:46:14 +0800, "Charlie Brown"

<charliebrown...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I use a TTable component to open a table in Oracle. When
>I set the TTable component to active, there's a login prompt asking user
>id and password before I could open the table in Oracle. Does anyone
>know how could I by-pass this login prompt (without using a TDatabase
>component)?

The TTable component, as the name of the class implies, is designed around
access to a table. Things like database connections and logins are not
related to tables, but to databases. For handling database-related aspects
of database programming, Delphi provides the TDatabase component.

I suppose you could make a custom component derived from TTable that
handles database connections, but the intended approach is just to use a
TDatabase.

                                                              -- Redd Foxx

Re:Open Oracle Table through TTable

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 23:46:14 +0800, "Charlie Brown"

<charliebrown...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I use a TTable component to open a table in Oracle. When
>I set the TTable component to active, there's a login prompt asking user
>id and password before I could open the table in Oracle. Does anyone
>know how could I by-pass this login prompt (without using a TDatabase
>component)?

I'd definitely suggest using a TDatabase object of your own - makes
life a whole lot easier! It allows you to specify username, password,
and more, and to suppress the login dialog. As far as I can tell,
that's the only way to easily accomplish what you want to do.

Marc

Marc Scheuner                            Berner Versicherungen, Dept. ISV
May the Source be With You               Laupenstrasse 27
marc.scheu...@berner.ch                  CH-3001 BERNE, Switzerland