Sending commands to external program?

I want to send commands to an external program "Modem" by Pinnacle software.

Can anyone tell me how I can do this.  Modem is an external .exe file.

tnx in advance,

Rich

Re:Sending commands to external program?

Richard Wm. Gotta (rwgo...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

> I want to send commands to an external program "Modem" by Pinnacle software.
> Can anyone tell me how I can do this.  Modem is an external .exe file.
> tnx in advance,

use the exec procedure

Selom Ofori wrote:

> Richard Wm. Gotta (rwgo...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> > I want to send commands to an external program "Modem" by Pinnacle software.

> > Can anyone tell me how I can do this.  Modem is an external .exe file.

> > tnx in advance,

> use the exec procedure

Exec would be fine, if the commands are accepted in the command
line. If you want to send keystrokes to a program, things get a
little hairier. My approach would be to either pipe the keys
into the CON: handler or stuff the keyboard buffer before
calling the program.
Good luck
Simon

rwgo...@ix.netcom.com (Richard Wm. Gotta) wrote:

>I want to send commands to an external program "Modem" by Pinnacle software.

>Can anyone tell me how I can do this.  Modem is an external .exe file.

>tnx in advance,

>Rich

Look in SWAG (http://www.interlog.com/~jfanjoy/home.html) for keyboard stuffing
routines.  They allow you to send as many commands as the keyboard buffer will
allow, and there are routines to extend the keyboard buffer.  If you need it,
I also have some routines that make an alternate keyboard buffer stuffed with
as many keystrokes as you want.

Ron Muzzi, EE
Great Lakes Environmental Research Lab
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA