Smooth Text Scroll Help?

Howdy... I got a problem that I wanted to ask advice about...
        Here goes:

 I'm writing a viewing util like the one's that come with all the
 art packs for a local group,  I already wrote a app-gen, and I
 also got half an emag code done.  The only problem is that I
 wanted to use smooth text scrolling.  This is not a problem, the
 problem is having the user control the scroll.  I used the basic
 pascal functions it it went SLOW!  I'm not too good with asm so I
 wanted to know if anyone can show me any source or any ideas or
 methods or anything like that.  I'm using Turbo Pascal 7 with TASM 4.0
        Thanks in advance.

                        r...@ripco.com