Connecting to Personal Oracle 7.3 with Professional Edition

Hello, I'm working with Delphi4.0 Professional edition and want to
communicate with a Personal Oracle 7.3 Database using an ODBC driver,
I've already got the driver from Mircrosoft and it works under the BDE
administaror / explorer, but don't know what to do to get my application
connected to it.
I've specified the alias name : Oracle ODBC
the name : system
but when I try to put 2: into the database name and change the connected
property to true it fails.
Could someone please help me with this connection.

Thank you in advance for your answer,

                                                            Javier
Piscoya

  cpiscoya.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Connecting to Personal Oracle 7.3 with Professional Edition

What is the BDE alias name that you connect to it from your BDE Admin?  You
should have the same one listed in the Database name property of your
dataset.

--
Michael Glatz
mgl...@caiso.com

Csar Piscoya Arba?il wrote in message

<36F51D60.8BBED...@protelsa.com.pe>...
>Hello, I'm working with Delphi4.0 Professional edition and want to
>communicate with a Personal Oracle 7.3 Database using an ODBC driver,
>I've already got the driver from Mircrosoft and it works under the BDE
>administaror / explorer, but don't know what to do to get my application
>connected to it.
>I've specified the alias name : Oracle ODBC
>the name : system
>but when I try to put 2: into the database name and change the connected
>property to true it fails.
>Could someone please help me with this connection.

>Thank you in advance for your answer,

>                                                            Javier
>Piscoya

Other Threads