Table or record will not lock

I am using Access 2000 on a home network to test. I have CurserType set to
ctDynamic, LockType ltPessimistic. when I Open a table and place it in edit
mode I can still open and edit same record on other machine. How do I
prevent this/

Gary Shelton

Re:Table or record will not lock

  Forgot to include:  I am using ADODataSet (actually TBetterADODataSet)

Gary Shelton <gsh...@charter.net> wrote in message

> I am using Access 2000 on a home network to test. I have CurserType set to
> ctDynamic, LockType ltPessimistic. when I Open a table and place it in
edit
> mode I can still open and edit same record on other machine. How do I
> prevent this/

> Gary Shelton

Re:Table or record will not lock

>I am using Access 2000 on a home network to test. I have CurserType set to
>ctDynamic, LockType ltPessimistic. when I Open a table and place it in edit
>mode I can still open and edit same record on other machine. How do I
>prevent this/

you need
    CursorLocation := clUseServer;
    CursorType := ctKeyset;