ActiveMovie in Delphi?

Is there any help or tools/VCL around for doing ActiveMovie programming in
Delphi?
Is it better and/or fatser than doing the same thing in Video for Windows?
And what about DirectShow?

--
|| Bjorn K. Nilssen      // http://home.sol.no/~bjoernk/  // mainly old 3D ||

Re:ActiveMovie in Delphi?

Bjorn-Kare Nilssen wrote:

> Is there any help or tools/VCL around for doing ActiveMovie
> programming in
> Delphi?
> Is it better and/or fatser than doing the same thing in Video for
> Windows?
> And what about DirectShow?

> --
> || Bjorn K. Nilssen      // http://home.sol.no/~bjoernk/  // mainly
> old 3D ||

Hi,

under the following address you can download for free a selfextracting
file named DXMWrap.exe
http://www.microsoft.com/directx/pavilion/amovie/default.asp
It contains all what you need to use ActiveMovie in Delphi. In the
system dirctory you'll find a file amovie.ocx what you have to install
in Delphi.
It can play .wav, .mpeg, .mov, .qt and .avi files (maybe even more, but
I dudn't try it yet).
I'm not sure, but if you're using the IE 4, it could be that you already
have all that stuff.

Hope it helps.

Kerstin

Re:ActiveMovie in Delphi?

In article <355C3919.87F37...@t-online.de>,

Kerstin Thaler <muk.tha...@t-online.de> wrote:
>Bjorn-Kare Nilssen wrote:

>> Is there any help or tools/VCL around for doing ActiveMovie
>> programming in
>> Delphi?
>> Is it better and/or fatser than doing the same thing in Video for
>> Windows?
>> And what about DirectShow?

>under the following address you can download for free a selfextracting
>file named DXMWrap.exe
>http://www.microsoft.com/directx/pavilion/amovie/default.asp
>It contains all what you need to use ActiveMovie in Delphi. In the
>system dirctory you'll find a file amovie.ocx what you have to install
>in Delphi.
>It can play .wav, .mpeg, .mov, .qt and .avi files (maybe even more, but
>I dudn't try it yet).
>I'm not sure, but if you're using the IE 4, it could be that you already
>have all that stuff.

Thanks for the tip.
Actually I was mostly interested in the video capture and frame grabbing
functions. Maybe they're not part of the ActiveMovie, but is still handled
by VfW? I've seen mentioned video (capture?) filters, which I thought was a new
technique for grabbing video, but maybe I was wrong?

--
|| Bjorn K. Nilssen      // http://home.sol.no/~bjoernk/  // mainly old 3D ||

Other Threads