Sorted detail table w/ Access tables

Using Access tables I want to create a master-detail relationship and
set the sort order on the detail table.  Using PDox tables I remember
indexing on two fields (the linking and the sort fields)  but when I try
the same in Access I receive an error saying that there is no index for
the linking field.  Can this be done in Access?

Re:Sorted detail table w/ Access tables

Answering my own question in case anyone else is working with the same
problem or has additional information:

After an evening of testing it appears that, in Access, a master-detail
relationship CAN be defined using the first field of a multiple field index
as long as the second field in the index is NOT a TimeDate field.

I didn't take time to test all possible combinations but if the first field
in the index was a long integer and the second field was a string or double
then no errors were reported when I compiled.

Tom Theimer wrote:
> Using Access tables I want to create a master-detail relationship and
> set the sort order on the detail table.  Using PDox tables I remember
> indexing on two fields (the linking and the sort fields)  but when I try
> the same in Access I receive an error saying that there is no index for
> the linking field.  Can this be done in Access?

Other Threads