Appended Record becomes First Record ?

I've got a few buttons on a form which I use to navigate through
a Dataset, and when I reach the EOF a new record is Appended to
the DataSet. This works fine and I can add a new record and move
forward again which will again Append a new record, but when I
move back through the Dataset to the previous record I appended
it's not there, it's actually right at the beginning of the
DataSet ??

When I restart the app. the record is actually at the correct
location i.e. the last record in the DataSet.

I would be very grateful for any help on this matter.

Thanks

Elfyn

Re:Appended Record becomes First Record ?

It is unlikely that anyone can help you without knowing what database you
are using and what indices exist on the table as well as what dataset
component is connected to the grid.

--
Bill