Updating a record without using TTable.Refresh ?

Hi there, I am using a query to modify amounts in a table, and I do that
update after posting in a corresponding TTable (which is the same updated
by my query). My problem is I need updating information on the screen to
match the new values in the TTable. Refresh does the job, but it's probably
not the best way since it re-reads all the records on the server, and the
fact is that it might slow down the application, even more if I have a lot
of records (which is the case) in that table. I tried Disabling and
Enabling my controls, but the table seems not to have the rights values
anyway, and UpdateRecord needs the table to be in Edit state. So is there a
way to accomplish the task of updating a record?
Thanks in advance.
Frank.