Oracle 8.0.5 and Delphi 5 Pro - Connecting with ODBC error

I am attempting to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5 server datbase using
Delphi 5 and ODBC.  When I try to set the TTable 'Active' at design
time, I get a message "[ODBC][ORACLE] .... invalid column name"...yet
when I then attempt to create persistent objects for the columns, it
succeeds, which indicates (to me) that it read all the appropriate info
about the columns correctly.  I can find no errors in the resulting
persistent object list, and the columns names are not reserved words in
either Delphi or Oracle, yet I cannot get past this error.  What
obvious point am I missing here?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Oracle 8.0.5 and Delphi 5 Pro - Connecting with ODBC error

We had the same problem using Oracles ODBC driver. The problem dissapeared
when we changed to Microsoft ODBC for Oracle (InterSolve also seems to work
ok).

hi...@my-deja.com wrote <81cakv$i4...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

> I am attempting to connect to an Oracle 8.0.5 server datbase using
> Delphi 5 and ODBC.  When I try to set the TTable 'Active' at design
> time, I get a message "[ODBC][ORACLE] .... invalid column name"

Other Threads