Conversion/equivalent of char ** or char *** (C++) in Delphi

Hi,

Im using a C++ DLL function whosend some back a Char ***  (2 dimensionnal
array of char* (= 2x2 String array) )

How can i read this value in delphi..... I read this variable with a Pointer
but then ????

I just know that  char * (C++) = PChar (Delphi)

thx

jerome, from France
jeromed...@yahoo.com

Re:Conversion/equivalent of char ** or char *** (C++) in Delphi

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:25:15 +0200, <nospam:jeromed...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Hi,

>Im using a C++ DLL function whosend some back a Char ***  (2 dimensionnal
>array of char* (= 2x2 String array) )

>How can i read this value in delphi..... I read this variable with a Pointer
>but then ????

>I just know that  char * (C++) = PChar (Delphi)

Delphi treats zero based arrays of char much like PChars.

Depending on your needs that means you could create static or dynamic
multi-dimensional arrays of char or PChar and pass them to routines
that expect PChar, or typecast as needed.

For a 2x2 array of PChar strings of varying length, I'd try:

type
  T2by2array = array [0..1] of array [0..1] of PChar;

Without more specifics about your situation, that's about all I can
say.

Stephen Posey
slpo...@concentric.net

Other Threads