small fonts, LARGE FONTS and headaches

Has anyone out there experienced problems when designing in small fonts,
then having user's run the app on a PC with large fonts?
The forms appear with scroll bars as the components are much larger and no
longer fit on the form's original size.
How do I get around this? Apart from resizing the form in my code.
(The apps are actually OCX controls, but this shouldn't matter, I think).

Thanks for any help

- Graeme Vincent
Analyst programmer
gvincent @ specialty . co . za

Re:small fonts, LARGE FONTS and headaches

Try setting the form's Scaled property to False.

Hope this helps.
Nikolai
e-mail: N.Soumaro...@iaea.org

G Vincent wrote:

> Has anyone out there experienced problems when designing in small fonts,
> then having user's run the app on a PC with large fonts?
> The forms appear with scroll bars as the components are much larger and no
> longer fit on the form's original size.

Re:small fonts, LARGE FONTS and headaches

Check for Screen.PixelsPerInch, and size your form accordingly. Something like
this:

if Screen.PixelsPerInch < 97 {meaning small fonts}
then form.width := 500 {pixels}
else {meaning large fonts}
form.width := 700;

The Screen.PixelsPerInch value is 96 when using small (i.e. 'normal') fonts.
Everything larger is, by definition, 'large fonts'.

Jarle Aasland

Nikolai Soumarokov <N.Soumaro...@iaea.org> wrote in article
<353DFB5D.2...@iaea.org>...

> Try setting the form's Scaled property to False.

I tried that, but on my forms some components get cut off.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

- Graeme Vincent

Other Threads