Prof. version versus client server version

Hi
Is there some place where you can read exactly what is included in the
two upgrades. It is not actual just now,  but sometimes I need to know
the opportunities in the versions in discussing some future project.

If you look in the manuals supplied with D3 Prof., this is a complete
mix of what you have access to and what you don't have.

Further, up till now I had the idea that with client/server you also
get some database server with distribution rights like BDE, but
recently I got the impression that you also have to buy some 3.part
software like Oracle, MS SQL server etc.

thanks
Bruno Pedersen
vincid...@internet.dk

Re:Prof. version versus client server version

Bruno,

There is some excellent information about the contents of each package on
the Inprise web site.  Just go looking as though you wanted to buy Delphi
and didn't know anything about it - in fact I think there is even a grid
that compares all three packages.

Brad

Bruno Pedersen wrote in message <70sec3$s...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi
>Is there some place where you can read exactly what is included in the
>two upgrades. It is not actual just now,  but sometimes I need to know
>the opportunities in the versions in discussing some future project.

>If you look in the manuals supplied with D3 Prof., this is a complete
>mix of what you have access to and what you don't have.

>Further, up till now I had the idea that with client/server you also
>get some database server with distribution rights like BDE, but
>recently I got the impression that you also have to buy some 3.part
>software like Oracle, MS SQL server etc.

>thanks
>Bruno Pedersen
>vincid...@internet.dk

Other Threads