Performing datacheck Windows 2000 using Tutil32.dll

The problem is the way W2K "finds" files when using "UNC"... it searches for
the file using ALL network protocols.. even if it finds the file on the
first search, it continues to look for the file using the rest of the
installed network protocols.... Win98 doesn't do that.

Re:Performing datacheck Windows 2000 using Tutil32.dll

Hi,

Thanks for your hint; I didn't know W2k behaves in this way! I always learn
something new every day ;->
But this is not my case since the only installed protocols is TCP/IP +
Client for Microsoft Network.
Actually I tried patching W2k server disabling the opportunistic locks and
playing with
other registry settings to improve performances without any valid result.

I also changed some settings in BDE Administrator:

MAXBUFSIZE = 65535
MEMSIZE = 64
SHAREDMEMSIZE=8192

The values were set so high because I have plenty of RAM installed, but the
result didn't change

Rodney Wise <NoMoreSpamPleaserod...@ars-florida.com> wrote in message

3e269f8...@newsgroups.borland.com...
> The problem is the way W2K "finds" files when using "UNC"... it searches
for
> the file using ALL network protocols.. even if it finds the file on the
> first search, it continues to look for the file using the rest of the
> installed network protocols.... Win98 doesn't do that.

Other Threads