MS SQL and pdoxusr.net file

Could someone please explain why the pdoxusr.net and .lck files are
created in an application that only ever uses MS SQL Server. We have
never used any Paradox tables in this company, or any tables other than
MS SQL.

Robert

  rwest.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:MS SQL and pdoxusr.net file

Robert West wrote:

> Could someone please explain why the pdoxusr.net and .lck files are
> created in an application that only ever uses MS SQL Server. We have
> never used any Paradox tables in this company, or any tables other than
> MS SQL.

> Robert

This is what the BDE uses to cache your datasets locally that were
retrieved from MS SQL Server.

You can control what directory is used.

HTH
--
Reid Roman
Programmer/Analyst

  rkroman.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:MS SQL and pdoxusr.net file

These are used by the BDE when you are using cached updates. Your TSession
component uses them, and maintains them in your NetFileDir, and also creates
temporary tables in your PrivateDir.

Keith

Robert West <rw...@lbs.ac.uk> wrote in message

> Could someone please explain why the pdoxusr.net and .lck files are
> created in an application that only ever uses MS SQL Server. We have
> never used any Paradox tables in this company, or any tables other than
> MS SQL.

> Robert

Re:MS SQL and pdoxusr.net file

Well,

You can do as I plan to. Stop using the BDE when working with C/S
databases. Thanks to IBExpress and ADO that is a reality. ( I am look hard
at ADOnis) I have alot of stuff in D3, though I am sure that Borlands ADO
is probably the better way to go with D5.

Have fun.

Robert West wrote:
> Could someone please explain why the pdoxusr.net and .lck files are
> created in an application that only ever uses MS SQL Server. We have
> never used any Paradox tables in this company, or any tables other than
> MS SQL.

> Robert

Re:MS SQL and pdoxusr.net file

Your TSession does not need to create these. The TSession is probably active
(in design mode) and when your app runs, the paradox files are created. If
you set the TSession's active property to false right before you compile
your app, you won't have this problem.

Bruce

Robert West <rw...@lbs.ac.uk> wrote in message

> Could someone please explain why the pdoxusr.net and .lck files are
> created in an application that only ever uses MS SQL Server. We have
> never used any Paradox tables in this company, or any tables other than
> MS SQL.

> Robert

Other Threads