Need Book Advice for Delphi 4

The college where I teach system development has decided to upgrade
their software to Delphi 4.
There are so many books on the market, I wonder if someone could give
some advice which books to buy.
The classes are for year 11, year 12 and {*word*62} students and is not too
indepth.
We need a few books which would cover the basics and provide exercises
etc.
Any answers would be appreciated.

Re:Need Book Advice for Delphi 4

I would suggest that you visit http://www.sylnet.com/books and use the search
engine available there.... Good Luck!

Use keyword Delphi 4 @"
 http://pages.prodigy.net/rmeachem/b&nsearch.htm

In article <361C3599.C3335...@compack.com.au>,
  lisag <li...@compack.com.au> wrote:

> The college where I teach system development has decided to upgrade
> their software to Delphi 4.
> There are so many books on the market, I wonder if someone could give
> some advice which books to buy.
> The classes are for year 11, year 12 and {*word*62} students and is not too
> indepth.
> We need a few books which would cover the basics and provide exercises
> etc.
> Any answers would be appreciated.

Re:Need Book Advice for Delphi 4

   I like the The Delphi Programming Explorer
by Jeff Duntemann, Jim Mischel and Don Taylor.
But it is no longer in print. Next would be
Learn Delphi 4 in 14 Days.

   If your school is buying in quanitity see if
inprise will throw in some free stuff like some
extra object maps and printed documentation.

Pat

Patrick J Foley                      Chief Operator
pfo...@iastate.edu                   Power Plant
Ames, Iowa USA                       Iowa State University
(515)-292-5156                       (515)-294-4926

WebSite:   www.public.iastate.edu/~pfoley/homepage.html