can't create helpfile using Word 97

when I try to use Word 97 to create a .rtf sourcefile
I can't compile the helpfile. It works Ok with Word 95.
Do you have similar experiences ?
Any explanation ?

Gunnar Martensen

Re:can't create helpfile using Word 97

In article <8btffh$r3...@news.inet.tele.dk>, "Gunnar Martensen"

<gm-d...@post3.tele.dk> writes:
>when I try to use Word 97 to create a .rtf sourcefile
>I can't compile the helpfile. It works Ok with Word 95.
>Do you have similar experiences ?
>Any explanation ?

Gunnar

The answer is to get the latest Help Compiler Workshop file from MS. This
solved a similar problem I had. I can't remember the MS source but I think you
will find a link on Joserf Becker's site at http://www.helpmaster.com/.

My HCW (which works with Word97) has the following versions :-

HCW   4.03.0002
HCRTF   4.03.0002
WinHelp   4.00.0950
HWDLL   4.03.0002

I've also got a few macros and a Delphi app which helps the help file creation
if you're interested - Save as Doc & RTF, Insert link to a topic selected from
a list, Make a .CNT File, and generate a Map file.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com