Connect, SQL-Links, Oracle 7, BDE, 16 bit, Delphi 2 C/S

Hello

I am trying to connect from Delphi 2.0 C/S to an Oracle 7 server. I already
tried Delphi 1.0 C/S and BDE 2.5 which worked out fine. But I can't get
connected using BDE 3.0 (supplied with Delphi 2).

I found out that for some unknown reason, BDE 3.0 always tries the 32bit
version of the DLL's (SQLINT32.DLL). But I need a 16bit connection (using
SQLD_ORA.DLL) because the target system is running win3.11.

So my question is: How can I get BDE 3.0 to use the 16bit driver instead of
the 32bit driver since I want to use the Delphi 2.0 developing environment.

Sincerely : Dejan Veljkovic

Re:Connect, SQL-Links, Oracle 7, BDE, 16 bit, Delphi 2 C/S

"CMG" <thony.vd.v...@tip.nl> wrote:
> Hello
> I am trying to connect from Delphi 2.0 C/S to an Oracle 7 server. I already
> tried Delphi 1.0 C/S and BDE 2.5 which worked out fine. But I can't get
> connected using BDE 3.0 (supplied with Delphi 2).
> I found out that for some unknown reason, BDE 3.0 always tries the 32bit
> version of the DLL's (SQLINT32.DLL). But I need a 16bit connection (using
> SQLD_ORA.DLL) because the target system is running win3.11.
> So my question is: How can I get BDE 3.0 to use the 16bit driver instead of
> the 32bit driver since I want to use the Delphi 2.0 developing environment.
> Sincerely : Dejan Veljkovic

If you want to use Delphi 2 than you are going 32 bit so......., if
you want 16 bit than you need to go with Delphi 1.xx

Regeads,

Fred A. Brunings
WATTLE PARK SA 5066
AUSTRALIA