Record locks, how do I tell it is locked, waiting 20

I need to perform the following steps using standard SQL objects. I have no
idea how to do locking, checking for locks waiting and unlocking. Could
someone help me . I guess I need Delphi record locking for dummies.

I need to check for a lock on a record. If the record is locked  wait and
retry later. Else lock the record. I then would get the value of a counter
field using a simple SQL statement. Next I Incrament the value 1 and Update
the Counter field using an update SQL. Finaly I need to unlock the record.

P.S. the database is an informix-7 database accessed by ODBC and BDE

Re:Record locks, how do I tell it is locked, waiting 20

Record locking is done by the database engine, not by Delphi. The best
place to get help with Informix related questions is the
database.sqlservers newsgroup.

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:09:03 -0600, "David LeMmon"

--
Bill (TeamB)