Getting the message 'Vendor initialisation failed'.....

Hello,

Everytime when I try to connect to an DB2 database im getting the message
'Vendor initialisation failed'. It does not matter from witch program the
connect came.
It happens with all programs. (Delphi5, Database Desktop, BDE Administrator)

Is this a known problem !!

Please help me......

Hans Lenior

H.Len...@Inter.NL.net

Re:Getting the message 'Vendor initialisation failed'.....

Hans,

  Generally speaking the 'Vendor initialization failed' error means that a DLL
required to utilize a BDE's SQL link driver cannot be found.  This could mean
that the DLL specified by the DLL32 setting (which can be found on the
configuration tab of the BDE Administrator, Configuration->Drivers->Native) or
one of it's dependencies are not on the windows path.  The three most common
causes of this error are as follows:

1.  The DB2 client software is not installed (in this case open client must be
installed)

2.  The version of the client software is not compatible with the SQL link
driver (see the Borland web site for details on which versions are compatible at
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/sqllinks/bdesqlver.html)

3.  The required DLL cannot be found.  The directory where the DLL resides is
not on the windows path.  This could be due to a missing or corrupt windows path
(one that is too long).

Note:  Make sure that you are able to connect to your server via the proprietary
client access tool.  If you cannot connect through the utility provided by the
database vendor you will need to contact them for connectivity help.

Hope that helps,
James.

--

James Getz
Inprise Corporation

All requests for support sent to my email address will be politely ignored.

Other Threads