File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

I have install TBrowseForFolderDialog by Upscene Productions

When I compile I have this error
File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

Any Idea !!!
Andr Leblanc - digitalex inc.

Re:File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

How can I browse for a folder... like open dialog

Andr Leblanc - digitalex inc.
Maison: a.lebl...@videotron.ca
Travail: leb...@douglas.mcgill.ca
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) <overc...@onramp.net> a crit dans le message :
38B33855.17ADC...@onramp.net...

> That file is only needed at design time.  It sounds like Upscene
Productions has
> not properly segregated their design time code from their run time code.
If you
> have D5 Pro and up you can find the pas file in the open tools source
> directory.  Using this should only be considered a stop gap solution until
you
> or the component provider correctly removes the design time code from the
run
> time code.  D6 will probably see the removal of the pas file also so this
> segregation will have to be done in future versions.  If you are using D5
Std
> you can compile with packages as the DsgnIntf code resides in Vcl50.bpl
but will
> not be able to statically link it in until the component writers correct
this
> flaw.

> "Andr Leblanc" wrote:

> > I have install TBrowseForFolderDialog by Upscene Productions

> > When I compile I have this error
> > File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

> > Any Idea !!!
> > --
> > Andr Leblanc - digitalex inc.

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
> (Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives
>  me directly unless     I dreamed of the moment of my own death
>  asked.  Thank You)     That no one ever dreams and lives (Marillion)

Re:File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

A couple of years ago there was a Delphi Informant article describing the how to
wrap the other OS dialogs like the Browse for folder one.  If you go to
www.informant.com and go to the Delphi section find the download for the file
di199904KB_f.zip.  Down load it and install the components and you will have a
browse for folder dialog component.  That's the one I use (with some component
editors I wrote for them for design time previewing).

"Andr Leblanc" wrote:

> How can I browse for a folder... like open dialog

> --
> Andr Leblanc - digitalex inc.
> Maison: a.lebl...@videotron.ca
> Travail: leb...@douglas.mcgill.ca

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives
 me directly unless     I dreamed of the moment of my own death
 asked.  Thank You)     That no one ever dreams and lives (Marillion)

Re:File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

You would need the source.  If you have the source it is easy.  Take all the
component/property editors and move them into their own seperate unit from the
component itself.  Also move the Register procedure out of hte component unit
also.  This should allow you to remove DsgnIntf from the uses clause of the
component.  Compile the now DsgnIntf less runtime package.  Create a new design
time package.  Add the unit that now holds the editors + the unit the holds the
Register procedure.  The package should require vcl50.dcp and the runtime
package that holds the component code.  Compile and install that package.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives
 me directly unless     I dreamed of the moment of my own death
 asked.  Thank You)     That no one ever dreams and lives (Marillion)

Re:File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

I may be way off here but we had a similar problem with a
third party component.  All we have to do is go into
Tools|Environment Options|Library and add the path that the
.dcu is in.

Lance Olvey

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives
 me directly unless     I dreamed of the moment of my own death
 asked.  Thank You)     That no one ever dreams and lives (Marillion)

Re:File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

> That file is only needed at design time.  It sounds like Upscene
Productions has
> not properly segregated their design time code from their run time code.
If you
> have D5 Pro and up you can find the pas file in the open tools source
> directory.  Using this should only be considered a stop gap solution until
you
> or the component provider correctly removes the design time code from the
run
> time code.  D6 will probably see the removal of the pas file also so this
> segregation will have to be done in future versions.  If you are using D5
Std
> you can compile with packages as the DsgnIntf code resides in Vcl50.bpl
but will
> not be able to statically link it in until the component writers correct
this
> flaw.

> "Andr Leblanc" wrote:

> > I have install TBrowseForFolderDialog by Upscene Productions

> > When I compile I have this error
> > File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

> > Any Idea !!!
> > --
> > Andr Leblanc - digitalex inc.

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
> (Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives
>  me directly unless     I dreamed of the moment of my own death
>  asked.  Thank You)     That no one ever dreams and lives (Marillion)

How can someone correct the code and remove the unit ?

Re:File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote...
>There is no dcu available in D5.  The pas file is available, but be forewarned,
>the pas file will more than likely also be gone in D6 forever and doing things
>correctly will be the only way to use DsgnIntf in the future.

It seems to be missing from BCB5 already (both .pas and .dcu), but not
the .hpp?
--
Rudy Velthuis

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
(Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives
 me directly unless     I dreamed of the moment of my own death
 asked.  Thank You)     That no one ever dreams and lives (Marillion)

Re:File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

Oh, I am on D4.

Lance

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) <overc...@onramp.net> wrote in message

> There is no dcu available in D5.  The pas file is

available, but be forewarned,
> the pas file will more than likely also be gone in D6

forever and doing things
> correctly will be the only way to use DsgnIntf in the
future.

> Lance Olvey wrote:

> > I may be way off here but we had a similar problem with
> > third party component.  All we have to do is go into
> > Tools|Environment Options|Library and add the path that
the
> > .dcu is in.

> > Lance Olvey

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of
gold
> (Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that
dreaming gives
>  me directly unless     I dreamed of the moment of my own
death
>  asked.  Thank You)     That no one ever dreams and lives

(Marillion)

Re:File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

You can use the SelectDirectory function in Delphi5

"Andr Leblanc" <a.lebl...@videotron.ca> a crit dans le message news:
88ve4t$5...@bornews.borland.com...

> How can I browse for a folder... like open dialog

> --
> Andr Leblanc - digitalex inc.
> Maison: a.lebl...@videotron.ca
> Travail: leb...@douglas.mcgill.ca
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB) <overc...@onramp.net> a crit dans le message :
> 38B33855.17ADC...@onramp.net...
> > That file is only needed at design time.  It sounds like Upscene
> Productions has
> > not properly segregated their design time code from their run time code.
> If you
> > have D5 Pro and up you can find the pas file in the open tools source
> > directory.  Using this should only be considered a stop gap solution
until
> you
> > or the component provider correctly removes the design time code from
the
> run
> > time code.  D6 will probably see the removal of the pas file also so
this
> > segregation will have to be done in future versions.  If you are using
D5
> Std
> > you can compile with packages as the DsgnIntf code resides in Vcl50.bpl
> but will
> > not be able to statically link it in until the component writers correct
> this
> > flaw.

> > "Andr Leblanc" wrote:

> > > I have install TBrowseForFolderDialog by Upscene Productions

> > > When I compile I have this error
> > > File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

> > > Any Idea !!!
> > > --
> > > Andr Leblanc - digitalex inc.

> > --
> > Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   On waves of silver I dreamed of gold
> > (Please do not email    'Till I lost the peace that dreaming gives
> >  me directly unless     I dreamed of the moment of my own death
> >  asked.  Thank You)     That no one ever dreams and lives (Marillion)

Re:File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

> You can use the SelectDirectory function in Delphi5

Actually, you can use SelectDirectory in D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, BCB1,
BCB3, BCB4, or BCB5.  It's been around since day one!  :)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

So what is the "correct" way of using this
previously available interface?  I ask becuase a
simple Pascal component I've used since BCB1,
will now not install due to the missing DsgnIntf
file you mention.  The BCB5 help stating the the
file is no longer available does not give me any
guidance of how to modify this 3rd party
component (in a language I don't even really
know)  Can you provide a "old"->"new" example for
me?

Thanks very much
In article
<MPG.131e257ec0626fd9989...@newsgroups.borland.com

Rudy Velthuis <rvelth...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote...
> >There is no dcu available in D5. The pas file

is available, but be forewarned,
> >the pas file will more than likely also be

gone in D6 forever and doing things
> >correctly will be the only way to use DsgnIntf
in the future.

> It seems to be missing from BCB5 already

(both .pas and .dcu), but not

> the .hpp?
> --
> Rudy Velthuis

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:File not found 'DsgnIntf.dcu'

Yes, I am getting the same error when migrating to Delphi 5 from 4. I
think I read ages ago in here that to solve it, any runtime components
need to be compiled separately, but I can't remember any more specific
details. Hoping anyone can help here?

Brett.

alanbarker4...@my-deja.com wrote:
> So what is the "correct" way of using this
> previously available interface?  I ask becuase a
> simple Pascal component I've used since BCB1,
> will now not install due to the missing DsgnIntf
> file you mention.  The BCB5 help stating the the
> file is no longer available does not give me any
> guidance of how to modify this 3rd party
> component (in a language I don't even really
> know)  Can you provide a "old"->"new" example for
> me?

Other Threads