Return type of method function in Interface for an automation

Hi there,

  I try to write a sample program which follows the sample code in "DELPHI COM PROGRAMMING". While i try to change the result type of method to "double" for interface in the Type Library Editor , it prompt "function of Automation Interfaces must have a return type of HRESULT", why ?? is it means that we couldn't change the result type for the interface ???

  Thanks in advance !

Ang Lik Huar

Re:Return type of method function in Interface for an automation

Use [out, retval] for implied return values under safecall. Study the step
by step lessons on my site.

--
have fun
Binh Ly

"Ang Lik Huar" <magic...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi there,

>   I try to write a sample program which follows the sample code in "DELPHI

COM PROGRAMMING". While i try to change the result type of method to
"double" for interface in the Type Library Editor , it prompt "function of
Automation Interfaces must have a return type of HRESULT", why ?? is it
means that we couldn't change the result type for the interface ???

>   Thanks in advance !

> Ang Lik Huar

Other Threads