BDE Configuration of ODBC Drivers for Microsoft Access

Dear all,

I have been using Delphi for the last few months, but have stumbled at trying to connect to MS Access databases.

In the BDE configuration utility, I have got as far as getting Microsoft Access drivers to show up in the
drivers window. I then create an alias called mydatabase.

When I go into Database explorer, after the login screen, I keep getting a "Invalid configuration parameter :
Alias mydatabase"

In the BDE configuration utility what parameters should I fill in for my alias? What do I enter in the ODBC DNS,
OBDC Name and Database Name parameters?

An Example parameter listing would be most useful, and would cheer me up.

(I don't wish to bin Delphi and go back to using Visual Basic)

Yours apreciatively,

Neil McLennan

p.s. I am aware of the utilities available to avoid using ODBC to connect to Access databases

Driver Parameters

Version 3.00
Type :SERVER
DLL : IDODB01.DLL
DLL32 : IDODB32.DLL
ODBC Driver : Microsoft Access Driver
Driver flags:
Database name :
User name:
ODBC DSN :
OPEN Mode : Read/write
Schema cache size : 8

etc.

Re:BDE Configuration of ODBC Drivers for Microsoft Access

Tony Baker <stewt...@dircon.co.uk> wrote in article
<32F50160.3...@dircon.co.uk>...

> In the BDE configuration utility what parameters should I fill in for my

alias? What do I enter in the ODBC DNS,

> OBDC Name and Database Name parameters?

You do not need to set up an alias manually.  Have a look at the system
page in the BDE configuration utility and you will see a property called
'AUTOODBC'.  Set this to true and the BDE will automatically create an
alias for each ODBC datasource that you have set up.  You may need to
delete existing aliases of the same name first before doing this.

To set up ODBC datasources, you will need to use the 32bit ODBC
administrator.  This can be found in your control panel.

Matt L. Boston

Other Threads