Board index » delphi » Access Fields with spaces in Field Names

Access Fields with spaces in Field Names

Hi all,
          I would appreciate it if anyone could help with this:
I am pulling information from an Access(97) database into a MySql
database via Delphi(4). However for an Access Field with a Space in
its name i get an error message "General SQL Error Too Few Parameters.
Expected 1".
Regards
David Duke
 

Re:Access Fields with spaces in Field Names


try using  Fields[<field no>].Value in stead of filebynamename(<filed name>)
method or
... just rename the column name is MSA.
greetings
mz

Quote
"David Duke" <david.d...@marketingms.com> wrote in message

news:3c8f60a2.438146230@forums.borland.com...
Quote
> Hi all,
>           I would appreciate it if anyone could help with this:
> I am pulling information from an Access(97) database into a MySql
> database via Delphi(4). However for an Access Field with a Space in
> its name i get an error message "General SQL Error Too Few Parameters.
> Expected 1".
> Regards
> David Duke

Re:Access Fields with spaces in Field Names


Hi marek,
                Thanks for the help, your email made me realise that i
could do a Select* in my TQuery that puts the data into a TDBGrid, and
then putting a space in the FBN statement of the TZMySql query that
loads the data into the MySql database works.
Cheers
David Duke

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:42:21 +0100, "marek" <mzagor...@i-b-s.pl>
wrote:

Quote
>try using  Fields[<field no>].Value in stead of filebynamename(<filed name>)
>method or
>... just rename the column name is MSA.
>greetings
>mz

>"David Duke" <david.d...@marketingms.com> wrote in message
>news:3c8f60a2.438146230@forums.borland.com...
>> Hi all,
>>           I would appreciate it if anyone could help with this:
>> I am pulling information from an Access(97) database into a MySql
>> database via Delphi(4). However for an Access Field with a Space in
>> its name i get an error message "General SQL Error Too Few Parameters.
>> Expected 1".
>> Regards
>> David Duke

Re:Access Fields with spaces in Field Names


the same could be done using just two tqueries...

Quote
"David Duke" <david.d...@marketingms.com> wrote in message

news:3c8f6851.440113669@forums.borland.com...
Quote

> Hi marek,
>                 Thanks for the help, your email made me realise that i
> could do a Select* in my TQuery that puts the data into a TDBGrid, and
> then putting a space in the FBN statement of the TZMySql query that
> loads the data into the MySql database works.
> Cheers
> David Duke

> On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:42:21 +0100, "marek" <mzagor...@i-b-s.pl>
> wrote:

> >try using  Fields[<field no>].Value in stead of filebynamename(<filed
name>)
> >method or
> >... just rename the column name is MSA.
> >greetings
> >mz

> >"David Duke" <david.d...@marketingms.com> wrote in message
> >news:3c8f60a2.438146230@forums.borland.com...
> >> Hi all,
> >>           I would appreciate it if anyone could help with this:
> >> I am pulling information from an Access(97) database into a MySql
> >> database via Delphi(4). However for an Access Field with a Space in
> >> its name i get an error message "General SQL Error Too Few Parameters.
> >> Expected 1".
> >> Regards
> >> David Duke

Other Threads