IB Server listen port

Is it possibile to set the listen port for Interbase Server different from
the standard 3050?

Thank you

Marco

Re:IB Server listen port

Marco Milani wrote:
> Is it possibile to set the listen port for Interbase Server different from
> the standard 3050?

Try to modify the entry in the services files (both hosts and clients).

Regards,
Aage J.

Re:IB Server listen port

In article <3c7529af_1@dnews>, mm...@rocketmail.com wrote...

> Is it possibile to set the listen port for Interbase Server different from
> the standard 3050?

Change the gds_db entry in the host file on the server to the new port,
and change the gds_db entry in the host file on the clients (IB) or
connection string(FB) to the same one.  Reboot if using Windows.

Re:IB Server listen port

Problably a dummy question....
where is the gds_db entry?

Thanks

Marco.

In article <3c760833_2@dnews>, mm...@rocketmail.com wrote...

> Problably a dummy question....
> where is the gds_db entry?

In a file called "Hosts" (no extension), which is located somewhere
under Windows\System on Windows and /etc/ on Linux.

Re:IB Server listen port

Search for a file 'services' (without extension)

Regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer
IB LogManager 2.0 - The Logging Tool for Interbase/Firebird
http://www.iblogmanager.com

In article <MPG.16e0263ab8183bd8989...@newsgroups.borland.com>,

j...@hall.com wrote...

> In a file called "Hosts" (no extension), which is located somewhere
> under Windows\System on Windows and /etc/ on Linux.

I meant a file called 'services' not 'hosts' (guess who has been setting
up a new server today <g>)

Re:IB Server listen port

Found!