How Prevent Interruption of Process?

I wrote a program that I want to run without interruption at Windows
startup. I placed a link to the program in the Windows StartUp folder.
How can I prevent other processes from interrupting while my program
is running? I am using D3.

Re:How Prevent Interruption of Process?

Shel wrote in message <3d430015.13076...@news.earthlink.net>...
>I wrote a program that I want to run without interruption at Windows
>startup. I placed a link to the program in the Windows StartUp folder.
>How can I prevent other processes from interrupting while my program
>is running? I am using D3.

Stubborn, are you? WINDOWS DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.

Perhaps if you told us what exactly you're trying to accomplish,
we can tell you how to do it. But this can't be done in any win32
platform. Look up "preemptive multitasking" some time.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

Re:How Prevent Interruption of Process?

"Shel" <s...@ieee.NOSPAM.org> skrev i melding

> I wrote a program that I want to run without interruption at Windows
> startup. I placed a link to the program in the Windows StartUp folder.
> How can I prevent other processes from interrupting while my program
> is running? I am using D3.

The only thing you could do was giving your application the highest possible
priority.

  SetPriorityClass(GetCurrentProcess, REALTIME_PRIORITY_CLASS );

No guarantee other applications won't get CPU time, but as long as your
application is running tight code there would not be much else done.
--
Bj?rge S?ther
bjorge@hahaha_itte.no

Re:How Prevent Interruption of Process?

Many thanks, Bj?rge.

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:39:52 GMT, "Bj?rge S?ther"

<bjorge@hahaha_itte.no> wrote:
>"Shel" <s...@ieee.NOSPAM.org> skrev i melding
>> I wrote a program that I want to run without interruption at Windows
>> startup. I placed a link to the program in the Windows StartUp folder.
>> How can I prevent other processes from interrupting while my program
>> is running? I am using D3.

>The only thing you could do was giving your application the highest possible
>priority.

>  SetPriorityClass(GetCurrentProcess, REALTIME_PRIORITY_CLASS );

>No guarantee other applications won't get CPU time, but as long as your
>application is running tight code there would not be much else done.
>--
>Bj?rge S?ther
>bjorge@hahaha_itte.no

Other Threads