Reading the Function keys

I have this program (yes it's an assignment) with multiple menus, and i want
to assign F10 to skip back a menu. First i convert the key into it's ASCII
code using ord(), but when it doesn't seem to work for the F# keys, the
program just quits.

Does anyone know how to pick the function keys up? Thanks in advance.

Re:Reading the Function keys

In article <VuiS4.4046$ur1.85...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>,

Simon <no...@realone.com> wrote:
>I have this program (yes it's an assignment) with multiple menus, and i want
>to assign F10 to skip back a menu. First i convert the key into it's ASCII
>code using ord(), but when it doesn't seem to work for the F# keys, the
>program just quits.

Function keys do not have ASCII codes. they return first #0 with
readkey. Then you need to use readkey again to get the scan code. The
Scancode for F1 is 59, so for F10 it is 68.

Osmo

Other Threads