Changing the Location of the NET FILE Directory in the BDE

I want to change the NET DIR location in the BDE programmatically.  I can
add aliases using the AddStandardAlias command and the
session.SaveConfigFile command but I can not work out how to change the NET
DIR location.

I know that I can change it for a session with "session.netfildir" for the
current program, but I want to set up the environment for all my database
programs with a single start-up program. This program will set all database
parameters when my machine is docked or undocked to the network.  I am using
paradox tables.

Any assistance appreciated.

--
regards

Ian Francis
ifran...@gil.com.au

Re:Changing the Location of the NET FILE Directory in the BDE

I have seen something on this recently. I think  it is on the Borland
site. Maybe in the Community section.

HTH,
Dan

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 21:17:23 +1000, "Ian Francis"

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
[SPAM block: change at to @ in my e-mail address]

Re:Changing the Location of the NET FILE Directory in the BDE

See http://www.bdesupport.com/ (they have an example of how to change LOCAL
SHARE, which you can change to modify NET DIR).

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:51:18 GMT, D...@CMDCsystems.com (Dan Brennand)
wrote:

>I have seen something on this recently. I think  it is on the Borland
>site. Maybe in the Community section.

>HTH,
>Dan

Here is the link: