How can I use 3DFX-Glide in 3D-Delphi-Games

Is there a simple way to use 3DFX with Glide in Delphi?
I want to write a 3D Game and I want to test the speed between Glide and
Direct 3D.
I have heard that Glide is not so difficult to write then D3D.
Can someone give my an example for this problem ?

Re:How can I use 3DFX-Glide in 3D-Delphi-Games

Michael Hielscher wrote:

> Is there a simple way to use 3DFX with Glide in Delphi?
> I want to write a 3D Game and I want to test the speed between Glide and
> Direct 3D.
> I have heard that Glide is not so difficult to write then D3D.
> Can someone give my an example for this problem ?

    Go to my web page and find there a simple 2D example of using the
Glide library:

http://homepages.tig.com.au/~lonewolf/delphi/examples.html

    It's called Glider v1.0.

Cheers,
--
Marko Peric       lonew...@tig.com.au
http://homepages.tig.com.au/~lonewolf

Re:How can I use 3DFX-Glide in 3D-Delphi-Games

Glide is "just" a very fast 2-D library, while D3D is a 3-D library, so the
speed with Glide 3D engine depends on the speed of your matrix calculation
functions. But in general - Glide is faster (because D3D is very
multilayered)

Lev wrote:

> Glide is "just" a very fast 2-D library, while D3D is a 3-D library, so the
> speed with Glide 3D engine depends on the speed of your matrix calculation
> functions. But in general - Glide is faster (because D3D is very
> multilayered)

   Actually, Glide is significantly more than "just" a 2D library. It
does hidden surface removal, backface culling and part of the process of
transforming your view frustum. It does texture mapping (with correct
perspective correction). Certainly, it does not have as many 3D
functions as OpenGL.

Cheers,
--
Marko Peric       lonew...@tig.com.au
http://homepages.tig.com.au/~lonewolf

Re:How can I use 3DFX-Glide in 3D-Delphi-Games

I agree, Glide is more low-level API than OpenGL
Marko Peric wrote:
> Lev wrote:

> > Glide is "just" a very fast 2-D library, while D3D is a 3-D library, so the
> > speed with Glide 3D engine depends on the speed of your matrix calculation
> > functions. But in general - Glide is faster (because D3D is very
> > multilayered)

>    Actually, Glide is significantly more than "just" a 2D library. It
> does hidden surface removal, backface culling and part of the process of
> transforming your view frustum. It does texture mapping (with correct
> perspective correction). Certainly, it does not have as many 3D
> functions as OpenGL.

> Cheers,
> --
> Marko Peric       lonew...@tig.com.au