Help-Help-Help - Running External Apps from Delphi

I have a simple Delphi form with one button.  When I press this button, I
want to run another windows app.  I got this to work by using the following
command:

WinExec('C:\NOTEPAD.EXE',SW_SHOW)

Now I need my program to run two applications.  But, I need to run the
second program after the first program is completed.  I thought I would just
use WinExec twice - but it loads both programs.  How do I trap for the
closing of the first app and run the second app??

Please help? vinc...@mcs.com

Re:Help-Help-Help - Running External Apps from Delphi

Hi,

There's a nice Component at

http://www.worldnet.net/~cycocrew/delphi/

It's called TAppExec and it's very good.
You can execute any applications (Windows and Dos) and you can choose
whether to return at once or after the execution of the application.

Bye Florian

vincent schrieb:

> I have a simple Delphi form with one button.  When I press this button, I
> want to run another windows app.  I got this to work by using the following
> command:

> WinExec('C:\NOTEPAD.EXE',SW_SHOW)

> Now I need my program to run two applications.  But, I need to run the
> second program after the first program is completed.  I thought I would just
> use WinExec twice - but it loads both programs.  How do I trap for the
> closing of the first app and run the second app??

> Please help? vinc...@mcs.com

Other Threads