Can't install Delphi 5.0 enterprise on Windows 2000 beta

I have just installed Windows 2000 beta 3 on my win98 system (in a separate
directory) and when I launch D5 enterprise setup, then installshield windows
appear then nothing more. What's wrong ?

Francis

Re:Can't install Delphi 5.0 enterprise on Windows 2000 beta

Hi Francis,

Try turning your display settings to 256 colors or greater and turning your
hardware acceleration down to none.

--

R/S Aaron Rhodes
Delphi Technical Support

> I have just installed Windows 2000 beta 3 on my win98 system (in a
separate
> directory) and when I launch D5 enterprise setup, then installshield
windows
> appear then nothing more. What's wrong ?

> Francis

Re:Can't install Delphi 5.0 enterprise on Windows 2000 beta

Aaron,
This has nothing directly to do with Delphi, but yesterday I tried to
install Win 2000 Server SR-1 on a server with a Diamond Stealth 64  S3 Chip
set video controller. The machine locked up every time. I finally got it to
install by the usual video tricks, but today everytime I tried to map  of
folders and configure users it locked.

I replaced the video card with a new Matrox card and all is well.

You don't supose win 2000 has the same problems with video cards as Delphi
... do you?
This old server had been runnig NT 4.0 SP3 forever. Everyday somebody logged
on as a user to do somthing. It showed no problems until Win 2000.
Aaron Rhodes (Borland) <arho...@borland.com> wrote in message

> Hi Francis,

> Try turning your display settings to 256 colors or greater and turning
your
> hardware acceleration down to none.

> --

> R/S Aaron Rhodes
> Delphi Technical Support

> > I have just installed Windows 2000 beta 3 on my win98 system (in a
> separate
> > directory) and when I launch D5 enterprise setup, then installshield
> windows
> > appear then nothing more. What's wrong ?

> > Francis

Re:Can't install Delphi 5.0 enterprise on Windows 2000 beta

Actually Ray,

It doesn't have too much to do with the OS, it has to do with the video
driver.  It is possible an older driver for that card is shipping with 200
at this point.  Classically, S3 chipsets cause the most problems.

--

R/S Aaron Rhodes
Delphi Technical Support

> You don't supose win 2000 has the same problems with video cards as Delphi
> ... do you?

Re:Can't install Delphi 5.0 enterprise on Windows 2000 beta

Delphi 5 installs fine on RC1, which is supposedly Beta 3, build 2072. We also
tested installing on RC2, which is build 2128. No problem at all. Both installs
work fine. A W2000 build before RC1 has problems as far as I know. So make sure
that you have at least the RC1 build from Windows 2000.

---J?rg---

Do only reply to this newsgroup.

Francis PARLANT wrote:
> I have just installed Windows 2000 beta 3 on my win98 system (in a separate
> directory) and when I launch D5 enterprise setup, then installshield windows
> appear then nothing more. What's wrong ?

> Francis

Re:Can't install Delphi 5.0 enterprise on Windows 2000 beta

J?rg,

I have win 2000 beta 3 (french one), which is not RC1. RC1 is supposed to
arrive after beta 3 and before RC2. Can I download RC1 somewhere?....

Francis

--

J?rg Weingarten <jweingar...@inprise.com> a crit dans le message :
37E82E97.E8A25...@inprise.com...

> Delphi 5 installs fine on RC1, which is supposedly Beta 3, build 2072. We
also
> tested installing on RC2, which is build 2128. No problem at all. Both
installs
> work fine. A W2000 build before RC1 has problems as far as I know. So make
sure
> that you have at least the RC1 build from Windows 2000.

> ---J?rg---

> Do only reply to this newsgroup.

> Francis PARLANT wrote:

> > I have just installed Windows 2000 beta 3 on my win98 system (in a
separate
> > directory) and when I launch D5 enterprise setup, then installshield
windows
> > appear then nothing more. What's wrong ?

> > Francis

Re:Can't install Delphi 5.0 enterprise on Windows 2000 beta

Aaron,

My video card is Matrox G200, and it runs at 24bit colors at 1280*1024.
I havent' tried to decrease hardware acceleration though...

Francis

--

Aaron Rhodes (Borland) <arho...@borland.com> a crit dans le message :
7s8t70$47...@forums.borland.com...

> Hi Francis,

> Try turning your display settings to 256 colors or greater and turning
your
> hardware acceleration down to none.

> --

> R/S Aaron Rhodes
> Delphi Technical Support

> > I have just installed Windows 2000 beta 3 on my win98 system (in a
> separate
> > directory) and when I launch D5 enterprise setup, then installshield
> windows
> > appear then nothing more. What's wrong ?

> > Francis

Re:Can't install Delphi 5.0 enterprise on Windows 2000 beta

You need to talk to MS.... What build number is your so called 'beta 3'?
---J?rg---
Francis PARLANT wrote:
> J?rg,

> I have win 2000 beta 3 (french one), which is not RC1. RC1 is supposed to
> arrive after beta 3 and before RC2. Can I download RC1 somewhere?....

> Francis

> --

> J?rg Weingarten <jweingar...@inprise.com> a crit dans le message :
> 37E82E97.E8A25...@inprise.com...
> > Delphi 5 installs fine on RC1, which is supposedly Beta 3, build 2072. We
> also
> > tested installing on RC2, which is build 2128. No problem at all. Both
> installs
> > work fine. A W2000 build before RC1 has problems as far as I know. So make
> sure
> > that you have at least the RC1 build from Windows 2000.

> > ---J?rg---

> > Do only reply to this newsgroup.

> > Francis PARLANT wrote:

> > > I have just installed Windows 2000 beta 3 on my win98 system (in a
> separate
> > > directory) and when I launch D5 enterprise setup, then installshield
> windows
> > > appear then nothing more. What's wrong ?

> > > Francis

Re:Can't install Delphi 5.0 enterprise on Windows 2000 beta

If you have MSDN (the middle option and up) you can go to the secure https
subscriber server and download it from there (RC2 is now available there).

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Have you ever met a lady screaming angst potential?

Re:Can't install Delphi 5.0 enterprise on Windows 2000 beta

J?rg,

My build number is 2031 for W2000 Beta 3...

Francis

J?rg Weingarten <jweingar...@inprise.com> a crit dans le message :
37E82E97.E8A25...@inprise.com...

> Delphi 5 installs fine on RC1, which is supposedly Beta 3, build 2072. We
also
> tested installing on RC2, which is build 2128. No problem at all. Both
installs
> work fine. A W2000 build before RC1 has problems as far as I know. So make
sure
> that you have at least the RC1 build from Windows 2000.

> ---J?rg---

> Do only reply to this newsgroup.

> Francis PARLANT wrote:

> > I have just installed Windows 2000 beta 3 on my win98 system (in a
separate
> > directory) and when I launch D5 enterprise setup, then installshield
windows
> > appear then nothing more. What's wrong ?

> > Francis

Re:Can't install Delphi 5.0 enterprise on Windows 2000 beta

Aaron,

I have down my hardware acceleration to none but that doesn't fix the
problem...

Francis

Aaron Rhodes (Borland) <arho...@borland.com> a crit dans le message :
7s8t70$47...@forums.borland.com...

> Hi Francis,

> Try turning your display settings to 256 colors or greater and turning
your
> hardware acceleration down to none.

> --

> R/S Aaron Rhodes
> Delphi Technical Support

> > I have just installed Windows 2000 beta 3 on my win98 system (in a
> separate
> > directory) and when I launch D5 enterprise setup, then installshield
> windows
> > appear then nothing more. What's wrong ?

> > Francis

Re:Can't install Delphi 5.0 enterprise on Windows 2000 beta

As said before. W2000 before build 2072 has problems not only with the Delphi
install. You need to get a later W2000 build before you can install Delphi or
most other programs that use Install shield as an install.

---J?rg---

Francis PARLANT wrote:
> J?rg,

> My build number is 2031 for W2000 Beta 3...

> Francis

> J?rg Weingarten <jweingar...@inprise.com> a crit dans le message :
> 37E82E97.E8A25...@inprise.com...
> > Delphi 5 installs fine on RC1, which is supposedly Beta 3, build 2072. We
> also
> > tested installing on RC2, which is build 2128. No problem at all. Both
> installs
> > work fine. A W2000 build before RC1 has problems as far as I know. So make
> sure
> > that you have at least the RC1 build from Windows 2000.

> > ---J?rg---

> > Do only reply to this newsgroup.

> > Francis PARLANT wrote:

> > > I have just installed Windows 2000 beta 3 on my win98 system (in a
> separate
> > > directory) and when I launch D5 enterprise setup, then installshield
> windows
> > > appear then nothing more. What's wrong ?

> > > Francis

Re:Can't install Delphi 5.0 enterprise on Windows 2000 beta

Okay but I don't have msdn subscription so I guess there is no way to
upgrade my w2000 to something more efficient?

Francis

--

J?rg Weingarten <jweingar...@inprise.com> a crit dans le message :
37EA3D71.BC57...@inprise.com...

> As said before. W2000 before build 2072 has problems not only with the
Delphi
> install. You need to get a later W2000 build before you can install Delphi
or
> most other programs that use Install shield as an install.

> ---J?rg---

> Francis PARLANT wrote:

> > J?rg,

> > My build number is 2031 for W2000 Beta 3...

> > Francis

> > J?rg Weingarten <jweingar...@inprise.com> a crit dans le message :
> > 37E82E97.E8A25...@inprise.com...
> > > Delphi 5 installs fine on RC1, which is supposedly Beta 3, build 2072.
We
> > also
> > > tested installing on RC2, which is build 2128. No problem at all. Both
> > installs
> > > work fine. A W2000 build before RC1 has problems as far as I know. So
make
> > sure
> > > that you have at least the RC1 build from Windows 2000.

> > > Do only reply to this newsgroup.

> > separate
> > windows

Other Threads