Access violation by using a DLL accessing the BDE

Hi!

I wrote a Delphi4-DLL with contains some funtions accessing a database
via BDE. The exit-procedure of the DLL closes the database.

If I run the main program which calls the DLL-functions from the IDE, I
get a runtime error each time I close the main program - but only, if
the DLL has performed at least one database access (otherwise, if
invoked only DLL-functions without database accessing, all works fine).

If I run the main program out of the IDE, no error occurs while closing
it.

Thanks for any advice.

Reinhart.

Re:Access violation by using a DLL accessing the BDE

I am having the same problem.
Did you find the problem? If so, did you fix it?

I think -- but don't really know -- that it has something to do with the
Session variable.

Jerry

Reinhart Vollmer wrote:
> Hi!

> I wrote a Delphi4-DLL with contains some funtions accessing a database
> via BDE. The exit-procedure of the DLL closes the database.

> If I run the main program which calls the DLL-functions from the IDE, I
> get a runtime error each time I close the main program - but only, if
> the DLL has performed at least one database access (otherwise, if
> invoked only DLL-functions without database accessing, all works fine).

> If I run the main program out of the IDE, no error occurs while closing
> it.

> Thanks for any advice.

> Reinhart.

Re:Access violation by using a DLL accessing the BDE

Unfortunately I couldn_t fix the problem up to now.

I regret,

Reinhart.

"Jerry F. Davis" schrieb:

> I am having the same problem.
> Did you find the problem? If so, did you fix it?

> I think -- but don't really know -- that it has something to do with the
> Session variable.

> Jerry

> Reinhart Vollmer wrote:

> > Hi!

> > I wrote a Delphi4-DLL with contains some funtions accessing a database
> > via BDE. The exit-procedure of the DLL closes the database.

> > If I run the main program which calls the DLL-functions from the IDE, I
> > get a runtime error each time I close the main program - but only, if
> > the DLL has performed at least one database access (otherwise, if
> > invoked only DLL-functions without database accessing, all works fine).

> > If I run the main program out of the IDE, no error occurs while closing
> > it.

> > Thanks for any advice.

> > Reinhart.

Other Threads