How-to register a DLL?

Hi,

I'm new to this type of programming and was wondering if someone could
point me in the right direction.  I've successfully written a DLL using
Delphi 3 and everything works fine.  Now I believe that I need to
register it as a COM server so that I can use it with Microsoft IIS and
ASP.  Are there any modifications that I need to make to the code or do
I just need to run it through a utility such as RegSrv32 or TRegSrvr?

Also, I have the demos\activex\delctrls directory but seem to be missing
the Tregsrvr directory and program.  Could someone please send me a
copy.

Thanks,
Mark Lamoreaux
ma...@cruzio.com

Re:How-to register a DLL?

Hi!
Try to use
    regsvr32 <dll name>

Hope it helps!
-KORDA

>I'm new to this type of programming and was wondering if someone
could
>point me in the right direction.  I've successfully written a DLL
using
>Delphi 3 and everything works fine.  Now I believe that I need to
>register it as a COM server so that I can use it with Microsoft IIS
and
>ASP.  Are there any modifications that I need to make to the code or
do
>I just need to run it through a utility such as RegSrv32 or TRegSrvr?

>Also, I have the demos\activex\delctrls directory but seem to be
missing
>the Tregsrvr directory and program.  Could someone please send me a
>copy.

>Thanks,
>Mark Lamoreaux
>ma...@cruzio.com

Re:How-to register a DLL?

When you say that you're written a DLL, did you write a plain old
windows DLL in Delphi? That won't work.

If you wrote a COM Type library that compiles into a DLL (an
'in-process' COM server) then run RegSvr32 should be all you need to get
it working.

Good luck!

Steve

Mark Lamoreaux wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm new to this type of programming and was wondering if someone could

> point me in the right direction.  I've successfully written a DLL
> using
> Delphi 3 and everything works fine.  Now I believe that I need to
> register it as a COM server so that I can use it with Microsoft IIS
> and
> ASP.  Are there any modifications that I need to make to the code or
> do
> I just need to run it through a utility such as RegSrv32 or TRegSrvr?

> Also, I have the demos\activex\delctrls directory but seem to be
> missing
> the Tregsrvr directory and program.  Could someone please send me a
> copy.

> Thanks,
> Mark Lamoreaux
> ma...@cruzio.com