Writing Extended Procedures in MSSQL 7.0 w/ Delphi 4.0 C/S

I am investigating the possiblility of writing an Extended proc for SQL
7.
Has anyone been successfull?
I noticed on sample extended procs (written in Visual C++) the code
included a
srvr library.
Is there an equivalent library/unit for Delphi 4.0?
I know this is really obscure, but hopefully one of you has tried this.

TIA,

Re:Writing Extended Procedures in MSSQL 7.0 w/ Delphi 4.0 C/S

I am curious ...

Is this where you create a SQL Server Stored Procedure that can contain
API calls, Database manipulation, etc. inside the SP?

Rkr

--
                   \|||/
                   /'^'\

Re:Writing Extended Procedures in MSSQL 7.0 w/ Delphi 4.0 C/S

>Is this where you create a SQL Server Stored Procedure that can contain
>API calls, Database manipulation, etc. inside the SP?

Exactly.  For example, I wrote an extended stored proc that (using a 3rd
party CD) provides all sorts of address functions.  For example, my server
can now return city and state given a zip code.  It can also standardize
addresses by correcting spelling, normalizing address parts (such as
boulevard->Blvd), etc.  It can also add zip+4 once the address has been
verified.

-- Mark

Other Threads