Mixing Delphi and BP7 DLLs?

Hello

I'm trying to get a BP7-DPMI-TVision program to call a Delphi unit, or
the other way around. I've tried a couple of things: when farthest I got
was a message 'gdi.dll not found' when calling a 16-bit Delphi DLL from a
BP protected-mode program.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks, Erik

Re:Mixing Delphi and BP7 DLLs?

Erik van Heyningen <e...@hcg.nl> wrote:

>I'm trying to get a BP7-DPMI-TVision program to call a Delphi unit, or
>the other way around. I've tried a couple of things: when farthest I got
>was a message 'gdi.dll not found' when calling a 16-bit Delphi DLL from a
>BP protected-mode program.

Delphi is for Windows (and uses Windows code). Your BP code - though
it is 32bit - is completely insulated from Windows.

What you (effectively) want to try is to make a DOS program call a
Windows binary. AFAIK this is impossible.

I do not remember whether you could write protected mode DLLs in BP
itself. Anyway, you will have no luck with a DLL compiled with Delphi.
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/

Re:Mixing Delphi and BP7 DLLs?

Hmmm.. Recompile the DLL in BP7. It's the only way I know of.

DPMI emulates some of the Memory allocation stuff, but it doesn't emulate
everything. You can how ever go the other way - call a BP7 (DPMI) DLL from
Delphi...

Hope this helps

Willo

Erik van Heyningen <e...@hcg.nl> wrote in article <3324CE2B.1...@hcg.nl>...

Stefan Hoffmeister wrote:
> [snip!]
> Delphi is for Windows (and uses Windows code). Your BP code - though
> it is 32bit - is completely insulated from Windows.

Are you implying here that BP7 is a 32-bit compiler?  It's not; it's a
286-level 16-bit compiler.

set...@ix.netcom.com | scheduled chaos and mayhem. . . .  |

Scott Earnest <set...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Stefan Hoffmeister wrote:

>> [snip!]
>> Delphi is for Windows (and uses Windows code). Your BP code - though
>> it is 32bit - is completely insulated from Windows.

>Are you implying here that BP7 is a 32-bit compiler?  It's not; it's a
>286-level 16-bit compiler.

No, I wanted to imply that DPMI is 32bit (but that was a pointless
remark anyway).
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/