Paradox Table Size Limit

Could anyone please advise.

Borland states that the size limit for a Paradox table is 2 billion
bytes (i.e. 1900MB). I am hitting limits with a version 7 table at
128MB. The record size is 170 bytes, it contains 25 fields and will
accept approx. 688000 records.

Gunter Richter

Re:Paradox Table Size Limit

The max size of the table
allowed in megs is determined by
the block size of the table you picked out
when it was created.  The block size is set
in the bde.  I've heard there are utilities to
reset the block size of an existing table but I haven't tried them.
You can also create a new table with bigger block size
and move your data to it.  Check the Paradox
settings in the bde for block size and read the help
describing it.

Gnter Richter <gun...@apsi.co.za> wrote in message

> Could anyone please advise.

> Borland states that the size limit for a Paradox table is 2 billion
> bytes (i.e. 1900MB). I am hitting limits with a version 7 table at
> 128MB. The record size is 170 bytes, it contains 25 fields and will
> accept approx. 688000 records.

> Gunter Richter

Re:Paradox Table Size Limit

In article <378F3EAF.49F30...@apsi.co.za>,
  "Gnter Richter" <gun...@apsi.co.za> wrote:
> Could anyone please advise.

> Borland states that the size limit for a Paradox table is 2 billion
> bytes (i.e. 1900MB). I am hitting limits with a version 7 table at
> 128MB. The record size is 170 bytes, it contains 25 fields and will
> accept approx. 688000 records.

 Look at http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/qanda/1352.html:

Paradox tables all have a block size which is determined upon creation
by the Block Size entry in BDE Administrator. By default, this value is
4K. Legal values for block size are 1K, 2K, 4K, 16K and 32K. For block
sizes greater than 4K the table level must be set to 5 or higher.
Paradox tables have a maximum number of blocks of 64K. The maximum size
of a table is determined by multiplying the block size of the table
times 64K (the maximum number of blocks). For the default block size of
4K, this works out to 256 MB.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/