Delphi Data Controls (1.0 vs. 2.0)

Hi,

I'm trying to move an appliacation from Delphi 1.0 to Delphi 2.0. I know that
there are some differences using the Data Controls:

1) The older one has the TDBLookupCombo, TDBLookupCombo is provided for
backward compatibility. It is suggested to use TDBLookupComboBox component in
Microsoft Windows 95 and Windows NT applications. How can I change at
run-time the contents of the ListField for the current record in the primary
dataset ? The older component has the Value property to do it.

2) Both versions have the capability to create persistent field components via
the 'Fields editor'. Indeed using the same DataBase (same DatabaseName and
TableName) I was able to do it with Delphi 1.0, while within the Delphi 2.0
the 'Fields editor' doesn't allow to carry out any function like
'Add','Define' and so on... Can someone give me some suggestion ? Thanks in
advance.

Please send email also to f...@msg.ti.com

Re:Delphi Data Controls (1.0 vs. 2.0)

On 8 Aug 1996 06:57:36 GMT, f...@msg.ti.com (Fenati Maurizio) you
smacked the keyboard repeatedly to write:

>Hi,

>I'm trying to move an appliacation from Delphi 1.0 to Delphi 2.0. I know that
>there are some differences using the Data Controls:

>1) The older one has the TDBLookupCombo, TDBLookupCombo is provided for
>backward compatibility. It is suggested to use TDBLookupComboBox component in
>Microsoft Windows 95 and Windows NT applications. How can I change at
>run-time the contents of the ListField for the current record in the primary
>dataset ? The older component has the Value property to do it.

If I understand what you are looking for, you can use the KeyValue
property.

>2) Both versions have the capability to create persistent field components via
>the 'Fields editor'. Indeed using the same DataBase (same DatabaseName and
>TableName) I was able to do it with Delphi 1.0, while within the Delphi 2.0
>the 'Fields editor' doesn't allow to carry out any function like
>'Add','Define' and so on... Can someone give me some suggestion ? Thanks in
>advance.

Not sure, someone else will have to help you with this one.

Brien King
bk...@primenet.com

Other Threads