jpegs in a blob field (Paradox table).

Does anyone know how to store jpegs in a blob field (Paradox table). I
don't want to use the cut and paste method, since it transforms the picture
into a bitmap (which makes it much bigger). Right now I'm using a file name
in my DB and the LoadFromFile method. The only problem with that method is
that I have to store the files in a directory and the number of files can
be quite large (hundreds, maybe thousands). Any ideas?
--

Alain Quesnel

If you reply by e-mail, remove the brackets on
each side of my reply-to address.

Re:jpegs in a blob field (Paradox table).

I use a product called Corporate Suite 3.0 from Skyline Tools
(www.imagelib.com)  It contains a derivative of TDBImage called TDBMultiImage
which enables one to store files into a BLOB as JPEG.  You have control over
the the quality and smoothness of the image (ie, you can control the degree of
compression).

This product works well for me, but it does cost money.  Perhaps others can
direct you to freeware/shareware components which do the same thing.

Wayne Herbert

Alain Quesnel wrote:
> Does anyone know how to store jpegs in a blob field (Paradox table). I
> don't want to use the cut and paste method, since it transforms the picture
> into a bitmap (which makes it much bigger). Right now I'm using a file name
> in my DB and the LoadFromFile method. The only problem with that method is
> that I have to store the files in a directory and the number of files can
> be quite large (hundreds, maybe thousands). Any ideas?
> --

> Alain Quesnel

> If you reply by e-mail, remove the brackets on
> each side of my reply-to address.

--
Wayne Herbert
Manager, Computer Products
Key Maps, Inc.
1411 West Alabama
Houston, TX  77006

Vox:  713.522.7949
Fax:  713.521.3202
Email:  wherb...@rice.edu

"Why is it only drug dealers and software developers call their clients
'users'?"

Other Threads