Fly Away Errors

Hi All

Using ADOExpress/D5/OLEDB Provider for MS SQL
I get an inconsistent error when inserting into a previously empty dataset

Has anyone else suffered this problem?
It appears to in the following proc is the innocuous line Recordset.Bookmark
:= Recordset.Bookmark;

procedure CheckForFlyAway;
  begin
    if BookmarkSize > 0 then
    try
      { Check for fly away }

Any clues?
TIA

--
Regards Neven
N.K. MacEwan B.E. E&E

Re:Fly Away Errors

Neven MacEwan <ne...@mwk.co.nz> wrote in message

> It appears to in the following proc is the innocuous line Recordset.Bookmark
> := Recordset.Bookmark;

Innocuous line?  I don't rememeber the exact circumstances anymore, but under
certain conditions the record pointer in the Recordset object would be left in
an invalid state that couldn't be immediately detected.  That line of code would
enable EOF or BOF to get set to true as appropriate.  It's inside of a
Try/Except block so any exception that gets raised should be handled (although
when running inside the de{*word*81} you'll still see the error).

At any rate, an error on that line is to be expected, but if there is a
different problem please provide additional details.

Mark

Other Threads